Noen har sikkert fått med seg at jeg skal være toastmaster i min lillebrors bryllup fredag. Det må være på engelsk for halvparten av gjestene er fransktalende Belgiere.
Visste du dette om Belgia?
Belgia er på størrelse med Nordland, og er et av Europas minste land.
Styreform: Konstitusjonelt monarki, forbundsstat
Flateinnhold: 30 510 km²
Folketall: 10,3 mill. innb. (2003)
Folketetthet: 337 pr. km²
Middellevealder: 78,3 år
Spedbarnsdødelighet: 4,5 pr. 1000
Religion: Kristendom (romersk-katolsk 75 %, protestantisk 25 %)
Språk: Nederlandsk 60 %, fransk 40 % og tysk
Mynt: Euro (fra 2002, tidl. belgisk franc)
BNP pr. innb.: $ 29 200
Eksportartikler: Transportmidler, jern og stål, kjemiske produkter, diamanter
Nasjonaldag: 21. juli
Har søkt på ymse Toaster. Her er det jeg har funnet til nå
- Here’s to the prettiest, here’s to the wittiest, Here’s to the truest of all who are true, Here’s to the neatest one, here’s to the sweetest one, Here’s to them, all in one – here’s to you.
To the Groom
- Here’s to the groom, a man who keeps his head though he loses his heart.
To the Bridesmaids
- A thing of beauty is a joy forever. Here’s to these beautiful bridesmaids.
- We admire them for their beauty, respect them for their intelligence, adore them for their virtues, and love them because we can’t help it.
To the Bride
- May she share everything with her husband, including the housework.
Wedding Toast, From the Groom to the Bride
- She knows all about me and loves me just the same.
Wedding Toast, From the Parents of the Bride and Groom
- It is written: when children find true love, parents find true joy. Here’s to your joy and ours, from this day forward.
To the Gathering
- Let us toast the health of the bride; Let us toast the health of the groom, Let us toast the person that tied; Let us toast every guest in the room.
To the Bride and Groom
- Look down you gods, and on this couple drop a blessed crown.
- Remember that if you ever put your marital problems on the back burner they are sure to boil over.
- Happy marriages begin when we marry the one we love, and they blossom when we love the one we married.
- My greatest wish for the two of you is that through the years your love for each other will so deepen and grow, that years from now you will look back on this day, your wedding day, as the day you loved each other the least.
- It don’t matter where you get your appetite, as long as you eat at home!
- May the best day of your past be the worst day of your future.
- Marriage: A community consisting of a master, a mistress, and two slaves – making in all, two.
- May the roof above you never fall in and may you both never fall out.
- To the lamp of love – may it burn brightest in the darkest hours and never flicker in the winds of trial.
- May ‘for better or worse’ be far better than worse.
- The man or woman you really love will never grow old to you. Through the wrinkles of time, through the bowed frame of years, You will always see the dear face and feel The warm heart union of your eternal love.
• May you have many children and may they grow mature in taste and healthy in color and as sought after as the contents of the glass.
Biochemically, love is just like eating large amounts of chocolate.
Nobody will ever win the battle of the sexes. There’s too much fraternizing with the enemy.
Love is an electric blanket with somebody else in control of the switch.
By all means marry; if you get a good wife, you’ll be happy. If you get a bad one, you’ll become a philosopher.
I love being married. It’s so great to find that one special person you want to annoy for the rest of your life.
Always get married early in the morning. That way, if it doesn’t work out, you haven’t wasted a whole day.
I take my wife everywhere I go. She always finds her way back.
Ralph Waldo Emerson
A man’s wife has more power over him than the state has.
Honore de Balzac
The majority of husbands remind me of an orangutan trying to play the violin.